ASB Presidential Candidates!

Associated Student Body Elections

Elections for the CKHS Associated Student Body are fast approaching and the school needs your participation!  Through the help of hardworking adviser and teacher Katie Staker, the students at CKHS are able to come together and elect their own representatives in school government.  There will be one broadcast that contains a visual of each candidate for any given position. President and Vice President are given a one minute speaking period to denote their goals and who they are to the school. There will also be a voter’s pamphlet containing a picture and a statement from each candidate on why you should vote for them. Elections will be a bit different, because they will be done on scantrons.

Junior Susannah Terry served as the Sophomore Associated Student Body President and she is a strong believer in the student voice of school leadership.

Regarding the voting process, Terry states, “ I like to see and hear how a candidate talks to fellow students. To me, it is important that the candidate is talking to the students in a casual way, with a friendlier tone, rather than a rigid and robotic one. After all, we’re just a bunch of teenagers, a little light heartedness!

Hopeful for the new year, she said, “ I would love to see more teamwork. Being in ASB, we would always get so much more done when we took turns and listened to each other’s opinions and ideas, and I think if ASB worked like that all of the time then the possibilities of what we can do become endless. A bit of open mindedness couldn’t hurt either, being open to testing out new things in the school could be so exciting!”