The Student News Site Of Central Kitsap High School

Cougar Chronicle

Cougar Chronicle

Cougar Chronicle

Want to stay caught up with the latest stories?

Subscribe

* indicates required
Support Us
$0
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Central Kitsap High School. Your contribution will help us cover our annual website hosting costs.

Review: Greens on Your Way

Greens On Your Way is simply delicious: with their choices of smoothies, acai bowls, salads, and mac ‘n’ cheese, you’re sure to find a new favorite dish.
Beauty Bowl: $16.80 (Provided by Greens on Your Way website)

Fresh is the scent of cucumber, citrus, and dew. To achieve peak freshness, one must not only focus on the outside of their body but nourish the inside.

The restaurant Greens On Your Way made its debut back in 2016. If you are not familiar with the restaurant, after the first bite, you will regret not visiting sooner. That feeling grows the more you indulge in more of GOYW’s (Greens on Your Way) delectable, fresh, and organic food in its cozy, casual, and vibrant atmosphere, with its excellent smoothie selection.

The real action happens behind the counter at the blender; the shelves are filled with ingredients from fruit to protein, showcasing what is incorporated into your order.

“Smaller than I expected, the quirky decorations are cute,” said my partner while waiting to order. “I can see students walking here for a cute study spot.”

Classic Mac: $8.00 (Provided by Greens on Your Way website)

The vibe is maximalist, and so is the menu. When ordering, you have a variety of options and add-ons to enhance your salad; the food reflects your creative side, and what you order is uniquely you. That personality is in a Beauty Bowl as beautiful as you, an acai mix of banana, mango, pineapple, and collagen, blended with coconut milk to a thick and creamy consistency, decorated with mounds of granola, sliced banana, and crunchy coconut shavings with a drizzle of honey.

Young servers are hard at work in the kitchen and are attentive to detail. Food comes out fast, even during busy hours. Combining enthusiastic employees and an efficient system makes for an imaginative and efficient mix.

Comforting white cheddar cheese and sharp cheddar on the one hand, a filling Cavatappi pasta topped with cheesy crumble on the other. Avocado Bliss smoothie (with a heap of almond milk) to start, followed by half an avocado combined with fresh banana poured into a cup with ribbons of honey lining the walls. The flavors and textures all balance throughout the dish; it is all congruent.

The refreshing and delicious Washington Apple Salad comes to a total of $11.17, or $12.17 in wrap form. (Provided by Greens On Your Way Website)

Several dishes at Greens On Your Way are rated among the best I have had within months of health-food frenzies. In a sea of fast food restaurants with greasy junk, often stale and low quality, the Washington Apple salad at GOYW is a shining beacon of hope: a leafy mix of greens, covered in chunky pecans with blue cheese crumbles, nodding at its traditional spot in Washington’s highly productive agricultural regions with thinly sliced green apples and a tart garlic balsamic dressing.

Donate to Cougar Chronicle
$0
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Central Kitsap High School and help us cover our annual website hosting costs.