The Student News Site Of Central Kitsap High School

Cougar Chronicle

Cougar Chronicle

Cougar Chronicle

Want to stay caught up with the latest stories?

Subscribe

* indicates required
Support Us
$415
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Central Kitsap High School. Your contribution will help us cover our annual website hosting costs.

Fall Sports Varsity Captains’ Teachings

Fall sports is coming to a close, this is what the varsity captains have learned from their time as leaders for their teams.
Rachael Remnent during soccer practice. (Taylor Wells)

“I’ve learned how to express my emotions; words matter, the type of words you express to others, so do I mean it in a negative way, or like when is the time to be negative and when is the time to be constructive. You can’t just be negative negative, and it sucks but you have to drill people sometimes and you have to get on them, and some of these are my closest friends and you still have to be able to get on them when they’re not doing something right.”

Prestle Agana during soccer practice. (Taylor Wells)

“The power of your voice, whether it’s on or off the field. Making sure people are getting to practice on time, really relaying their messages and communicating; it’s all very important to keep the program together.”

Camryn Bishoff during cross country practice. (Taylor Wells)

“Just have an open mind, we obviously deal with a lot of situations, and having that support for people and keep an open mind on where everyone is at really helps.”

Sally Corder at cross country practice. (Taylor Wells)

“It’s taught me a good place of leadership, that I need to go out there; out of my comfort zone and help everyone to feel included.”

Mae Lindsey during volleyball practice. (Taylor Wells)

“I’ve learned how people react to criticism and how to help bring people up, and their personality types, and see how they feel.”

Hana Mai during volleyball practice. (Taylor Wells)

“How they learn and how they are encouraged to be better players.”

Donate to Cougar Chronicle
$415
$750
Contributed
Our Goal