Cougar Chronicle

Finals Stress

How Much Stress Finals Week Put On Students And How They Deal With It?

Two direction students usually take during the finals.

blogs.millersville.edu

by Maria Skilling, Contributor

As we all know the finals are coming up in less than two weeks and most students are preparing for it. What some of us don’t know is that students tend to stress about it but have different ways to cope with the stress they receive from finals. The finals are usually the most stressful time of the year for most students.

Students have different ways to cope with the stress that the finals have on them. Some feel as though resting is the best way for them to kill their stress, while others think watching or doing other activities make them feel at ease without having to think about the finals. Research from mentalhealthamerica.net “ finals season are always a challenge, and many ways we try to deal with that stress end up putting additional stress on the mind and body.” Some students tend to create a plan for how they are going to handle finals by prioritizing and making list of study times and set their goals to high standards. On the other hand, many others just relax and hope for the best.

One of the students here in CK explained, their way of getting rid of stress is “ getting lots of sleep,” said Blake Swift. Sleeping can be a lot of help because it reduce stress and also getting so much rest helps your mind from thinking too hard about things. Swift also include that he sometimes “ meditate.” Meditating can help exercise the mind and [ train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.]  Another student here in CK states that a way she get rid of stress is to “ continue studying and try and get over with it,” said Rachel Tan. Tan usually spent “ One or two hours studying,” which is a good thing because then she has a higher chance of doing excellent on the finals.

How most students take in the stress on finals week.

scopeblog.standford.edu

Playing sports can be a stress free state for some students. One of those students is a freshmen who play for the ck girls volleyball team. This energetic young freshmen clearly states that she “doesn’t take her time studying because she’d rather be playing volleyball.” According to [Activenorfolk.org] sports specifically can “ help boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.” Most students here in ck agree with the statement and some are willing to try it for the first time.

Students here in ck high school are preparing for the finals which is almost here. For the most part, most students are confident about the finals but others are nervous about it, which is normal,  but all hope is for them to do great on the finals.

About the Writer
Maria Skilling, Contributor

Senior Maria Skilling is a member of CKHS’ Journalism production class because the class helps with her writing and due to her being trilingual, the...

• Finals Stress

Archives

Celebrating Valentine´s Day

• Finals Stress

Archives

Mrs. Mohs–The Secret Weapon to Students’ Futures

• Finals Stress

Archives

A Teacher For All

• Finals Stress

Archives

Kate Zinke makes a new kind of impact on CK students.

• Finals Stress

Archives

Miss Kitsap 2018

• Finals Stress

Archives

Flight simulations to everyday flying

• Finals Stress

Archives

Inside the Life of Jasmine Lee

• Finals Stress

Archives

A Look into the Life and Impact of a Single Student

• Finals Stress

Archives

All About the Amazing Kerri Ferate

• Finals Stress

Archives

Get to Know Mr. Pevovar

The Student News Site Of Central Kitsap High School