The Student News Site Of Central Kitsap High School

Cougar Chronicle

Cougar Chronicle

Cougar Chronicle

Want to stay caught up with the latest stories?

Subscribe

* indicates required
Support Us
$415
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Central Kitsap High School. Your contribution will help us cover our annual website hosting costs.

A Pre-Season Kickoff for CK Varsity Football

A four school showdown before the 2023-2024 football season.

On August 25, 2023, Central Kitsap High School hosted a Varsity Football jamboree at the Cougar Stadium, where four schools from Kitsap County came together for the start of the 2023-2024 football season. The CKHS Cougars were joined by the Olympic High School Trojans, the South Kitsap High School Wolves, and the Bremerton High School Knights.

The jamboree is an event that brings these four teams together for the chance to play against another team before the kickoff of this fall football season.

The Central Kitsap Cougars first played the Bremerton Knights on one half of the field as the South Kitsap Wolves competed against the Olympic Trojans on the other. As the teams competed, there was a crowd from each school in the stands cheering their team on.

The Cougars started off playing on one half the field then switched to the other halfway through. The Cougars demonstrated strength, uplifting hope for some future Cougar victories this season.

Their first home game was on September 15, 2023 at Cougar Stadium. CKHS C-team football had their first home game against Olympic High School on September 11, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. 

Donate to Cougar Chronicle
$415
$750
Contributed
Our Goal