Cougar Chronicle

Good Trails in Kitsap County

Hiking in the Pacific Northwest

Erika Perry looking out from Point No Point, Adventuring around Washington during her spring break.

Kiah Wareen

Kiah Wareen

by Meagan Green, Writer

May 8, 2018

As summer is getting closer, the weather is slowly but surely starting to heat up. The great outdoors awaits! And with that some great trails to hike on in Kitsap County. The Pacific Northwest is home to beautiful scenery and views that need to be taken advantage of while the weather is nice. Here are some of the best trails in Kitsap County.

Clear Creek Trail

The Clear Creek Trail is located in Silverdale and is very popular. It’s right by a dog park, and the trail itself is great for those looking to take their dog on a walk. It was recently under construction, removing a road and helping to restore the habitat and the stream floodplain. After these renovations, the trail was open again and looked better than ever. This trail is an easy walk, and is right near town so you can do things afterwards.

Green Mountain

Green Mountain is mainly uphill, and is good if you are looking for a more intense walk. The view at the top overlooks lots of evergreen trees that are very common all of the Pacific Northwest.

“The weather was not very ideal when we went, but the view at the top was miraculous even though the hike was difficult” Junior student Sophie Kohler revealed.

Anderson Landing

Anderson Landing is located off of Anderson Hill, and is a short trail down to the water. It’s all downhill one way, and uphill on the way back. It leads down to a sandy beach with lots of shells. This walk is fairly average and not too difficult.

Chico Falls

Chico Falls is located on Chico and is good if you’re looking for a nice easy hike with a good view. Along the way you will find a small waterfall that is very popular for taking pictures by. This is an easy walk and great for a hot day with friends.

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Senior skip day

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Reveries

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Trump Tariffs

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

The Faces Behind the Cougar Chronicle

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Deadpool 2 Review

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Happy Mother’s Day

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Summer School

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Mock Crash

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Songs That Sum Up Senior Year

• Good Trails in Kitsap County

Archives

Hip and Cool Spring Apparel

The Student News Site Of Central Kitsap High School